Caring for your Jewelry
Caring for Costume Jewelry
Proper care will prolong the life of your jewelry. Keep jewelry away from chemicals, lotions, water and perfume as much as possible to prolong the life of your fashion jewelry. Also avoid soap and water as most soap will leave a residue, which can make the metal look dull. Here are some tips for storing.
1) Moisture is the most important thing to avoid and can destroy the metals.
2) Store in a soft jewelry pouch or plastic Ziploc bag.
3) Avoid temperature changes as this can affect stone settings and the glue used.
4) Store separately from other items to avoid scratching and stones getting dislodged.
5) Avoid Oak boxes and cabinets as this wood can release fumes that can damage fashion jewelry.
Following the above advice will greatly prolong the luster and life of your fashion jewelry.